The IMPACTAgewell Programme is a three year pilot programme, which was introduced in April 2017 thanks to the funding support from The Dunhill Medical Trust.
The aims of IMPACTAgewell are to improve the quality of life of older people by providing them with person centred services that will put their wellbeing and social needs on a par with their medical needs. By working together with your local GP Practice, Local Pharmacists and the NHSCT, we will have the ability to share relevant information which will support you in managing your long term health conditions and allow you to access the wealth of community/voluntary activities in your area.
To be eligible for taking part you must –
- Be registered with one of the 6 GP Practices
- Be aged 65 years & over
- Live within the Mid & East Antrim Borough Council Area
- Live alone or with another older person in your own home or a sheltered housing
- Have at least two long term health conditions
- Want to talk about your general health and wellbeing
- Want to know about and access the available support in your local community.
You will be supported by a dedicated IMPACTAgewell Project Officer for up to six months who will talk to you about your general health and wellbeing. Types of support include Befriending, Home Security Checks, Handyperson Services, Energy Efficient Checks, Benefits Advice, Community Transport, Health Condition Support Groups, Luncheon Clubs and Arts & History Clubs.
The 6 participating GP Practices within Mid & East Antrim area include –
- Bernaghmore Medical Practice, Ballymena
- The Surgery, Galgorm Road, Ballymena
- Corran Surgery, Larne
- Victoria Surgery, Larne
- Old School Surgery, Carrickfergus
- Scotch Quarter Practice, Carrickfergus